Angela is a Principal at Mackey Wales Law and leads the firm's litigation and dispute resolution team.
Angela holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from James Cook University and has been practicing as a lawyer in Townsville for many years.
Angela is highly regarded by her clients and is well respected by her peers. Angela has a reputation for providing timely, practical and cost effective advice in all areas of litigation.
Angela brings a wealth of experience to all aspects of general and commercial litigation and dispute resolution including contract and leasing disputes, bankruptcy and insolvency, debt recovery, building and construction disputes and estate disputes.
Angela also has considerable experience in employment law including drafting and reviewing employment contracts and workplace policies and procedures, providing advice regarding Award provisions and advising regarding rights and obligations surrounding issues such as redundancy and termination of employment. Angela has acted on behalf of employers and employees in disputed proceedings including in relation to unfair dismissal, recovery of overpayments and disputes involving restraint and non-solicitation clause and intellectual property and confidential information.
Angela has the skills and experience required to resolve disputes and prosecute or defend legal proceedings in all state and federal jurisdictions.
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours, James Cook University
- Legal Practitioner, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Entered on the Register of Practitioners, High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society, Member
- Townsville District Law Association, past President
- North Queensland Law Association, past Committee Member
- Townsville Community Legal Service Inc, past President and Life Member
- Women in Insolvency and Restructuring Queensland, Member